‘A Good Night’ – Made With Google Pixel 2
John Legend’s new song is called ‘A Good Night’. The song is about finding your soul mate.
Legend decided to take a creative leap when making the song’s music video. The video was captured entirely on a Google Pixel 2 smartphone.
The Pixel 2’s camera is rated among the best available on a smartphone. ‘A Good Night’ music video demonstrates how powerful smartphone cameras have become these days.
Links to the behind the scenes, making of the video, and to the finished product, are below.
Why Was The Pixel 2 Used?
John Legend summed up why the Pixel 2 was used to make the music video, saying:
“We went with the Google Pixel because the quality is amazing.”
The video team offered several reasons for using the Pixel 2:
- “We really wanted to push the phone to its limits, and see how far we could push the image.”
- “We wanted to see if we could shoot barebones, just a cellphone, kind of a crazy, ambitious goal.”
- “Phones provide a lot of opportunities for filmmaking that you can’t do when you have a really expensive, large, bulky camera.”
…………………………………Google Pixel 2 XL
John Legend is a singer, songwriter, musician and actor. His official website is John Legend.
Legend has won numerous awards for his music, including:
- Billboard Hot 100 number-one single for “All of Me” in 2013.
- Academy Award for Best Original Song in 2015 for writing the song “Glory” from the film Selma.
- 10 Grammy Awards, and a Golden Globe Award.
- Hal David Starlight Award in 2007 from the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
- Tony Award in 2017 for co-producing Jitney for the Broadway stage.
On Easter Sunday, April 1, 2018, Legend portrayed the title role in the NBC adaptation of the classic Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice “rock opera,” Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, sharing top marquée billing with Sara Bareilles (Mary Magdalene) and Alice Cooper (King Herod).
‘A Good Night’ – Behind the Scenes – Making the Video
‘A Good Night’ – Music Video – The Finished Product