Come Back My Love is the opening tune on the album Journey, by Ali Akbar Khan. The song is an upbeat musical adventure that takes the listener on a soulful journey through mystic India, a place where dreams become reality.
Ali Akbar Khan
Journey is a masterpiece of heartfelt music by renowned Indian music master Ali Akbar Khan. Journey features Ali Akbar Khan’s virtuoso sarod playing, along with other acoustic Indian instruments including sitar, tabla and dholak, all of which successfully interact with electronic synthesizers (that don’t sound forced or mechanical).
Each of the songs on the album wonderfully blend traditional Indian spiritual and devotional music using high-tech elements. The music is unique in that though modern in feel, it isn’t modern secular Indian pop.
Journey was produced by Kahn’s protegé and student, Jai Uttal, who showed his appreciation of Akbar’s musicianship by ensuring that the modern technology incorporated in the production was used soulfully throughout the album.
Ali Akbar Khan
. Biography at Ali Akbar College of Music
. Biography & discography at ALLMusic
. Rememberance at Los Angeles Times
Ali Akbar Kahn’s Many Accomplishments
- Hindustani classical musician
- known for his virtuosity in playing the sarod
- was instrumental in popularizing Indian classical music in the West, both as a performer (often in conjunction with Sitar maestro Ravi Shankar), and as a teacher
- established a music school in Calcutta in 1956, and the Ali Akbar College of Music in 1967, which is now located in San Rafael, California and has a branch in Basel, Switzerland
- composed several classical ragas and film scores
- was a Distinguished Adjunct Professor of Music at the University of California, Santa Cruz
Come Back My Love — from the album Journey, by Ali Akbar Khan
No comments yet.